Today we have a guest blogger, my 9 year old daughter Rina. Actually, she is already my craft muse with endless ideas that spontaneously fit into her colorful life of creating and dancing and playing. I asked her to help with a Valentine Day craft and she thought of this fun and useful heart bookmark! Now, I will turn things over to her!
This is a great Valentine`s Day craft. I love to read books, so maybe you can make this for friends who also love to read! Along with a bar of chocolate it is the perfect way to say I love you!
Origami paper, pen, ruler, scissors and tape
1. Cut a 6cm x 12 cm rectangle.
2. Fold in half, lengthwise.
3. Fold in half again.
4. Open up, folded side is on bottom. Use center crease line as a guide and fold right side up.
5. Repeat with left side and turn over. Fold top right corner in just a little bit and tape down. Fold inner corner in and tape down.
6. Repeat on left side, trying to keep same size folds as right side.
7. Tape the middle closed.
8. The bookmark is now finished. You can insert the page you want to keep marked into the fold. Hope you like it!
HI! I live in Northern Japan on the Oga peninsula and love making crafts with my children and enjoying the beautiful surroundings with my family.
I also run a small company, Sora, that sells handmade clothing, bags and accessories! www.sorajapan.org